3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2017 12:11 PM by qngo RSS
    bjadhav Newbie

How to generate PDF reports in thingworx

Hi i am using PDF extension for generating pdf of mashup.But dont know how to configure the mashup name to create pdf service and how to use it in mashup.

• Re: How to generate PDF reports in thingworx
        supandey Collaborator

Balkrishna, have you already checked the documentation around the usage of the extension? I'm attaching it along for your reference

Ankit Gupta Ninja

Hi balkrishna jadhav,

Just view your mashup using View mashup option and copy the URL from the browser.

Remove the '&__fromBuilder=.....' part.

Now add this url to the server address property of the the PDF extension.

For more information please check the PDF Extension shared by Sushant.

Do let us know if you still face any issue.

qngo Creator

Hi,

when I execute the service CreatePDF from the Composer, there's an error:

Unable to Invoke Service CreatePDF on PDFExport : Could not launch browser. Build info: version: '2.52.0', revision: '4c2593cfc3689a7fcd7be52549167e5ccc93ad28', time: '2016-02-11 11:22:43' System info: host: 'ubuntu', ip: '127.0.1.1', os.name: 'Linux', os.arch: 'amd64', os.version: '4.4.0-21-generic', java.version: '1.8.0_92' Driver info: driver.version: JBrowserDriver

The error in Logs Application:

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@75ac754e][message: Unable to Invoke Service CreatePDF on PDFExport : Could not launch browser.

The error in Tomcat (catalina.out):

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/webkit/network/CookieManager

at com.machinepublishers.jbrowserdriver.JBrowserDriverServer.main(JBrowserDriverServer.java:74)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.webkit.network.CookieManager

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

... 1 more

Based on this issue (Linux: can not start the driver · Issue #186 · MachinePublishers/jBrowserDriver · GitHub), I tried to install the package "openjfx" but it doesn't resolve the problem.

Did you have this error when using the extension (new version March 2017) ?