cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Is there any document explaining lifecycle of a Thingworx extension?

vranganathan
10-Marble

Is there any document explaining lifecycle of a Thingworx extension?

I would like to what order Java code will be executed if you have more than one class. I also have bunch of entities and wondering when it will be loaded. More importantly I want to create some relations towards the end. I created new users and I want to assign them to specific groups/roles. It will be handy if I could understand the lifecycle and different customization points.

Thanks in advance,

Varathan

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Varathan, are you creating these users programatically or within Composer? Have you already created these classes using the Extension SDK? Could you share bit more precise details on what you are trying to do from the Extension stand point. May be something also about what you are trying to achieve.

As part of my extensions, I am importing bunch of Things, Mashups and few users (XML file within extension). These users needs to be assigned to specific role/groups. Currently, we are manually doing after importing extension. We want to automate as part of this step as part of extension.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:vranganathan)

Varathan Ranganathan​,

As per my understanding; we have two options here:

1. Add the Permission details in the xml itself.

2. Create a Service Using Java Code which assigns the Permissions to the Things. Then you would just need to run this service once to assign the Permissions.

In the source system, we had this users assigned to Administrator properties. We exported this XML and used in extension. However, when we import the XML, the group assignment doesn't happen automatically as expected. Is this your first option? If so, any step I am missing?

Top Tags