Here is a summary of the actions we took offline:
- the error reported here is due to some inconsistency between an old version of the extension (ThingWorx_MachineLearning_Extension) and the new ones ThingWorx_Analytics_* .
In order to address it the following step were taken:
- Delete the Thing DefaultMLInstance
- Remove the ThingWorx_Analytics_Builder extension
- Remove the ThingWorx_Analytics_Server extension
- Remove the ThingWorx_MachineLearning_Extension.
- Install ThingWorx_Analytics_Server extension
- Install ThingWorx_Analytics_Builder extension
- Reconfigure the extension – see the http://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_52/#page/ThingWorx_Analytics_52%2Fanalytics-install-config-builder.html%23
This error got away after that but a new one appeared:
Error invoking service: Wrapped com.thingworx.common.exceptions.InvalidRequestException: Execution error in service script [TW_ML_Helper GetDatasetStatus] : Error retrieving upload jobs for dataset 'DemoTest': JavaException: java.lang.Exception: com.coldlight.thingworx.neuron.DataIngestService.listDataUploadJobs(Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/json/JSONObject; (GetDatasetStatus#22) Cause: Execution error in service script [TW_ML_Helper GetDatasetStatus] : Error retrieving upload jobs for dataset 'DemoTest': JavaException: java.lang.Except
This error is due to the use of ThingWorx 7.3 which is not officially supported with ThingWorx Analytics 52.2.
Using ThingWorx 7.2.4 did resolve this error.