8 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 2:15 AM by anna RSS
    pgupta-2 Apprentice

Smart Property Widget

I am trying to use smart property widget for displaying a fields which are dynamic. The display is coming inconsistent when GridMetaData JSON is fed through a service.

Wondering if anyone has used this widget from market place.

thanks,

Preeti

• Re: Smart Property Widget
        liliu Creator

Hi Preeti,

Please tell us what's the Extension name that you download from the MarketPlace?

Lily

pgupta-2 Apprentice

Hi Lily,

It is Smart Grid Property Widget from Thingworx lab.

thanks.

polinao Collaborator

Could you please provide steps to reproduce, along with the expected result vs actual result? We will submit a jira if a defect is confirmed or if an improvement is making sense.

liliu Creator

Hi Preeti,

Hope you had a nice weekend. Would you mind to share the service that you are using to return GridMetaData JSON string. As Polina asked, also provide us the detial reproduce steps.

Lily

pgupta-2 Apprentice

Sorry about the late reply.

The GridMetaData service JSON is fed through a service. I am reading an infotable and based on the fields (which varies) the JSON output example is shown below... I want fields to get into two different groups. ( Required, Non Required)

result

{"SpecialInstructions":{"name":"Special Instructions","group":"Non-Required","baseType":"STRING"},"FloatVar":{"name":"FloatVar","group":"Required","baseType":"NUMBER"},"Justification":{"name":"Justification","group":"Non-Required","baseType":"STRING"},"WTPartCreated":{"name":"WTPart Created","group":"Required","baseType":"STRING"},"ReadOnlyVar":{"name":"ReadOnlyVar","group":"Non-Required","type":"label","baseType":"STRING"}}

There is no "Other" group defined in the service. But for some reason it completely bypass the JSON supplied through the service and shows the group Other which I think it is defaulting in the widget itself. The result is not consistent.

Though the widget UI looks good. But in my use case I can not use it as the display is not working consistently.

I do not know if I have to open a tech support call. Let me know.

thanks,

Preeti

liliu Creator

Hi Preeti,

I just reproduced your issue when using a service to return the GridMetadata.

Somethings it looks like the first picture, but occasionally it shows me the second picture.

We will open a Jira ticket to R&D and ask for further help.

I checked the owner of this extension, it's from ThingWorx Lab, which is currently not supported by ThingWorx, I am afread that R&D may not response to this.

I also tested it by add your code in the Smart Grid Property widget  directly instead of using a service, it works fine. I suggest you to use this way first. And if there is any good news from R&D, I will let you know.

BR,

Lily

pgupta-2 Apprentice

Yes. It is very inconsistent. Looks like the DOM in Thingworx is varying with every refresh.

I also tried with static JSON for GridMetaData and it worked. However JSON is dynamic for my use case so I could not use smart property widget.

For now what I did is to use two Dynamic Property widget where I am dynamically populating fields based on the grouping. I do not like this way. Since the UI does not look good.

If you find a fix for this that would be great. I probably have to look into how to modify this Smart Grid for my use case.

thanks for looking into this. I appreciate it.

Preeti