cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

FBX file conversion

rmostafa
1-Newbie

FBX file conversion

I got a file from a client which ends of ".fbx".

Thingworxs Studio is loading it as resource.

It converts (try to converts) the fbx to a readable format, but it fails somehow. I do not get any result.

Does anybody have experiences around conversion?

thanks in advance

Reda

3 REPLIES 3
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:rmostafa)

Reda Mostafa​ : It is a normal behavior as the Resources tab in Thingworx Studio allows us to add different resources such as CAD files, image files, audio files. Could you please confirm the Studio version you are using and do you see the same behavior while selecting option "Run CAD Optimizer" ?

Do you see any errors/warnings inside Thingworx Studio logs ?

-Durgesh

this is the error log extract:

ThingworxStudio Version:

Version 1.10 (0.1.14.1237)

with CAD Conversion:

taskmanager

conversion is running

20 to 25 CPU utilization

error after ~ 5 minutes

ERROR LOG from yesterday:

... lots of similar lines ....

17:50:14] !!! NEW APPEARANCE IGNORED!!!

[17:50:14] fbx2pv Warning: 2 appearances with the same name [Color 1Translucent(0.00)] but different characteristics.

[17:50:14] !!! NEW APPEARANCE IGNORED!!!

[17:50:14] fbx2pv Warning: 2 appearances with the same name [Color 1Translucent(0.00)] but different characteristics.

[17:50:14] info: [twx-studio:resourceService] Error running converter:  Error: stdout maxBuffer exceeded

[17:50:14]    at Socket.<anonymous> (child_process.js:259:14)

[17:50:14]    at emitOne (events.js:96:13)

[17:50:14]    at Socket.emit (events.js:188:7)

[17:50:14]    at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:176:18)

[17:50:14]    at Socket.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:134:10)

[17:50:14]    at Pipe.onread (net.js:548:20)

[17:50:14] warn: [twx-studio:resourceService] cad file already removed D:\Users\rmostafa\Documents\ThingWorxStudio\Projects\NewTry\src\phone\resources\Uploaded\Chiller_Plant_Layout_09Feb2016.fbx

This is still not working, the user does not get any feedback while the conversion is running in the background.

This morning the conversion ended with the same error.

You select "Add" and then close the import window and nothing happens

hope it helps to improve usability and me to convert the file

katte
1-Newbie
(To:rmostafa)

Reda Mostafa​ Can I know the size of the file? As suggested, did you try the 'CAD optimizer' option?

Top Tags