cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

EC2ManagementApp has a missing Thing Template: AmazonEC2Template

rwiseman
1-Newbie

EC2ManagementApp has a missing Thing Template: AmazonEC2Template

As far as I can tell there are no dependencies for the AmazonEC2InstanceManager_Application_v1_0.zip (within TW_Download_Amazon EC2 Instance Manager Application.zip which I downloaded from the Marketplace today) but when I try to install it, I get an error:

EC2ManagementApp:1.0.0Import Failed: Validation Failure: ThingTemplate EC2InstanceManagerTemplate Had An Invalid Parent Thing Template : [AmazonEC2Template]

Ironically, this is a validation failure but the validation step (before installation) succeeds!

I'm using ThingWorx 7.3.0-b51 so perhaps there's an incompatibility there.

Did I miss a step?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Richard,

I tested the installation and failed with the same message.
To install/use this extension you will have to install:

I checked the documentation for dependencies unsuccessfully
so I've reported this as PSPT-3500 to R&D

I'll keep you informed

Br,

franck

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Richard,

I tested the installation and failed with the same message.
To install/use this extension you will have to install:

I checked the documentation for dependencies unsuccessfully
so I've reported this as PSPT-3500 to R&D

I'll keep you informed

Br,

franck

Thanks, that did the trick!

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:rwiseman)

Hi Richard, I observed the same issue and after spending a while i think there are dependencies on AmazonEC2Template and SshServerTemplate, here's what I did to resolve this

1. Download and import the SSH Extension and Terminal Widget

2. Download and import the Amazon EC2 Instance Extension

3. And finally download and import the Amazon EC2 Instance Manager Application

Hope this would help.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Just to update this thread, I've reached out to Antony Cyriac​ for helping us with the update in the documentation, since this extension is provided "as-is" and not covered via generic tech support.

Thank you, that was indeed the problem.  Your answer agreed with Franck's but he just sneaked in before you so I marked his as the correct answer.  I appreciate your help.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Yeah no worries Richard   thanks for confirming though. ( I guess we both were checking this in parallel and he was faster than me )

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:supandey)

Final update on this thread, Amazon EC2 Instance Manager Application's Requirements section has been updated with the information. It now marks Marketplace extensions:  Amazon EC2 Instance Extension, SSH extension and Terminal Widget Extension as Pre-requisite.

Brilliant -- thanks for such a speedy resolution!

Top Tags