cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx Analytics Install On Physical Machine / Without VM

mfelton
1-Newbie

Thingworx Analytics Install On Physical Machine / Without VM

Hi,

I'm just trying to get my head around the installation process of Thingworx Analytics and how to use it. I've already completed the quick start demo from the PTC Dashboard however I'm now looking to integrate this into my own example, however my current set up doesn't allow me to create a VM in the way the standalone server installation describes.

So is there a way to install this from the OS up manually? Also how would a a Analytics server be set up for production on a physical dedicated server? In our use case I would image we would have three physical servers, one running Thingworx, one running Analytics and one running Kepware.

Any help / advice is always appreciated

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
wposner-2
12-Amethyst
(To:mfelton)

Right now, the only way PTC distributes Analytics is as an image build.  I run on a Mac, so I had to use a windows VM to build the Analytics VM as it was the easiest way for me to get it running.  Until PTC releases an actual installer, this is your only option.

Top Tags