I have been using TWX studio for almost a year and I have seen the evolution of the tool since its early beginning as ThingX.
I shared already some feedback about the tool and most of the points had taken in consideration so that’s good but they are still some points that are decision makers (at least on my company) for our future AR/VR platform.
3D PoI interaction: Use Points of Interests (PoI) directly linked with a 3D model, 3D label or 3D image allowing the users to interact with this PoI as links to other documents, webpages or other pages of the same experiences.
Image/Shape recognition: The ThingMarks are good and useful on some use cases but they are others when image or shape recognition is useful and a best approach than a marker (eg. Have AR overall information of a building, a plant or a microgrid from outside).
Get remote resources (Web, other databases, windchill): Having all the resources uploaded with the experience is not the best approach if we want to maintain an homogeneus and controlled environment with several AR experiences sharing similar information, also the possibility to have always the most updated 3D model coming from our PDM or another shared database is a real gamechanger.
Create trade viewer app: no “thingWorx view” but for example “Schneider Electric AR view”.
Would be great to hear from you if is a plan to include these points and some dates of where will be available if they will.
Here some other improvement points that would be great to take in consideration:
ThingWorx Studio Management:
- Implement user defined experience templates (with icons, logos, themes and models pre-loaded)
- Implement collaborative projects to have more than one people working on the same project.
- Implement Version Management for the experiences.
- Create an easy way (in the app) to copy/duplicate projects
- Define roles to ThingWrox Studio with different level of access.
- Include the possibility to modify the rotation/translation coordinate system without modifying the 3D model in Creo view/illustrate
Other cool features to add:
- Record User/device location and interact according the location
Looking forward to hearing from you.