7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2017 1:00 PM by mali-2 RSS
    mali-2 Newbie

Set Thingworx Platform property value from Thingworx AR (Vuforia) Experience

Hi Experts -

I am looking for some help related to Thingworx Studio. I am able to pull property value from Thingworx and display within AR experience. But I am trying to update the value of a property of my Thing in Thingworx platform from my AR experience. Basically, like a toggle button within the (Vuforia) AR experience. On pressing the toggle button, I would like to update a property of my Thing. Is this even possible? Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mubarak

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey moved thread to ThingWorx Studio

• Re: Set Thingworx Platform property value from Thingworx AR (Vuforia) Experience
        Ankit Gupta Ninja

Hi Mubarak Ali,

You can try to use the update service like UpdatePropertyValue from ThingWorx and pass the widget output as parameter to that Service.

You will have to call this service to update the Data in ThingWorx.

If I remember correctly; I had tried this sometime back and it worked.

Do let me know if it doesn't work for you; I can try it again on my side.

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

• Re: Set Thingworx Platform property value from Thingworx AR (Vuforia) Experience
            mali-2 Newbie

Hi Ankit. Thanks for your response. I added UpdatePropertyValues from my Thing to my AR experience. Then I added a toggle button and binded the pressed event of that toggle button to UpdatePropertyValues service. And then I added the following under the values (under Parameter) under UpdatePropertyValues service.

app.mdl['FactoryThing1'].data.parameter['LED1_Disp_Status'] = "XYZ"

I was expecting the UpdatePropertyValues service to update the value of my property 'LED1_Disp_Status' to 'XYZ'. But I don't see the values getting updated in Thingworx IoT platform. It seems I am doing something wrong. I have also attached a screen shot. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Mubarak

mali-2 Newbie

Hi Ankit. Some additional info. This is what I could see in Thingworx Studio logs when the UpdatePropertyValues service is invoked when I click on the toggle button.

[16:28:21] info: [twx-studio:basic] twxPreviewRouter proxying request to "MyThingworxIoTURL"

[16:28:21] debug: [twx-studio:proxy] /Things/RaspberryPiThing/Services/UpdatePropertyValues no Authorization added

Thanks,

Mubarak