cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

BP for the occlude feature in model-items

RickardArnell
8-Gravel

BP for the occlude feature in model-items

I am looking for best practices on how to work with model-items with the purpose to use the occlude attribute to hide parts of included parts. I have created an assembly sequence for a customer as part of a POC and in most of the steps I use “fade in” and translate to position the part.

The idea is that this should be an interactive assembly instruction so that after each step the physical part should be in the correct position and therefore I need to use model-item and set the occlude attribute to true for each assembled part/component. - so quite a common use case

When I created the experience I was able to get this to work by setting visible=false for all model-items from start and then change it to true at the same time as I set occlude=true for the model item representing the part that was assembled. After an update this did not work anymore – the “fade in” in the Illustrate sequence did not work anymore as the visible attribute of the model-item wins in this case. I was able to get it to work by moving the visible=true line to take place in a previous step, and adding a line where I set the opacity=0 for the model-item so that it is not visible and this works, but the result is that I had to add more code to our “code-less” environment. Has anyone found a better way to handle this?

Cheers, Rickard

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags