cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Binding widgets to entry in Advanced Grid

tlichtenberger-
1-Newbie

Binding widgets to entry in Advanced Grid

Good morning!

I am currently trying to bind other widgets or even mashups to a specific entry in the advanced grid.

Do you know if this is even possible? If so, can I realize this with the normal advanced grid or will I need the advanced tree grid for that task?

If this is not possible, is there a way to extract the current string in the search-box of the grid?

Thank you for in advance for any advice or help you give me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:tlichtenberger-)

Hi Theresa Lichtenberger​,

Are you looking to bind the selected entry from Advanced Grid to another Widget?

If yes, set the rowSelection property in Advanced Grid widget to single/ multiple as per your requirement.

And bind the Selected Row(s) of the Service to the widget/mashup.

I hope it helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi Theresa Lichtenberger​,

Are you looking to bind the selected entry from Advanced Grid to another Widget?

If yes, set the rowSelection property in Advanced Grid widget to single/ multiple as per your requirement.

And bind the Selected Row(s) of the Service to the widget/mashup.

I hope it helps.

Hey Ankit Gupta​,

I have already set the rowSelection property to single but I haven't yet understood how to retrieve the data of the selected row.

The property "selectedRows" shows an ingoing arrow which means I cannot get the data this way.

The only outgoing arrow properties the advanced grid has are the DoubleClicked- and Filter-event and the QueryFilter.

So how can I retrieve the data from the selected row?

Thanks for helping me out again

Theresa~

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

I am referring to the selected Row(s) of the service which is feeding data to Advanced grid widget.

i.e. in the Right hand panel -> your_custom_service -> selected row(s) (just below All data).

hey Ankit Gupta​,

totally missed that! Thanks for your help

Top Tags