4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2017 11:31 AM by bwhelan RSS
    bwhelan Explorer

ThingMark recognition below actual physical location

Hi,

I have one ThingMark in particular that no matter how I scan it (from very slightly different angles) with the HoloLens, once it is recognised and the crawling green outline becomes a full green ThingMark outline indicating full lock, etc., when I step back to view the AR, the green border outline appears approx. 40mm below the actual physical location of the ThingMark I had just scanned. Any of the other project ThingMarks seem fine not experiencing this issue and I can't see any settings in TWX Studio that are any different between the projects.

Also, a second query: how do you turn on the Voice recognition for TWX View in HoloLens??? I haven't used this facility yet

Regards,

Brian

ABB.PNG

(Excuse the image quality: taken with phone camera through the HoloLens!)

• Re: ThingMark recognition below actual physical location
        flamy Explorer

Brian,

I am not sure for the Green Border outline , typically this happened to me if the ThingMark is not exactly the same size as the one defined in the experience in TW Studio.

For the Voice Command I used an "Application Event" in TW Studio and provide the text of the voice command I want Cortana to recognize in the Voice Alias String ( see below an example with an Application Event called Info, the Voice command is Name  :

Capture.JPG

• Re: ThingMark recognition below actual physical location
            bwhelan Explorer

Hi Francois,

Thanks for the response. Regarding the ThingMark issue, I have been very careful to ensure that the physical ThingMark accurately represented the dimensions contained in TWX Studio; I had issues with getting accurate locks when trying to view Experiences prior to HoloLens with other mobile devices, like iPads, etc. I guess I will continue to experiment with this 30~40mm negative offset that just won't go away!!

Thanks for the info regarding Voice also!

Regards,

Brian