cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

unable to launch installer

iturner
3-Visitor

unable to launch installer

when trying to run setup.exe (for illustrate licence tool) downloaded from https://free-dl.ptc.com/install/setup.exe.

system has network connectivity

5 REPLIES 5
tschmitz
13-Aquamarine
(To:iturner)

HiIAN TURNER​,

Is this an error you are receiving right away when you try to open the saved setup.exe?  Or is this happening further along in the install process when you are entering in your licensing information?

Regards,

Tony

Hi Tony Schmitz​ it occurs after the self extractor has finished. (e.g just after the box below gets to 100%)

tschmitz
13-Aquamarine

Hi IAN TURNER​,

I was able to reproduce this issue by taking my computer off the network/internet.  Let me see if I can figure out why.

In the meantime, will you confirm whether or not this system is connected to the internet while the issue occurs?

I got it work by using a wifi network that has less stringent firewall rules

tschmitz
13-Aquamarine

IAN TURNER​ Glad to hear it.

A bit more detail for anyone else that encounters this issue. 

The setup.exe is one of the CREO Install-From-Web installers.  While the installer is starting, it downloads the base install files and stores that information in the users <%TEMP%>/7ZipSfx directory.  Make sure the user can write to the temp directory and that it isn't full.

After setting up the license and picking the components to be installed on the system, again it will download the component installer files from the web for the actual installation.  You'll need to make sure you keep an active connection to the internet during this process.

Top Tags