cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I am facing error while doing local setup "ThingWorx 7.4 with MSSQL database"

jisingh
11-Garnet

I am facing error while doing local setup "ThingWorx 7.4 with MSSQL database"

I am facing error while doing local setup "ThingWorx 7.4 with MSSQL database"  ERROR:-017-06-08 17:02:39.358+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] [message: Failed to create com.thingworx.persistence.mssql.MssqlPersistenceProviderPackage.  Cause was due to 'null']

2017-06-08 17:02:39.359+0530 [L: ERROR] [O: c.t.s.ThingWorxBootstrapper] [I: ] [U: SuperUser] [S: ] [T: localhost-startStop-1] *** Web Application STATE is being set to ERROR! ***

Please assist me how i will remove this error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:jisingh)

Jitender Singh​: I faced the same issue and it seems you have missed the step of placing the JDBC jar file as mentioned in the installation guide

Copy the sqljdbc42-6.0.<build_number>.jar file to the lib directory of the Tomcat installation: (<TOMCAT_HOME>/lib).

Please refer document : Getting Started with MS SQL Server and ThingWorx for complete details.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite

Jitender have you verified if the MS SQL's schema is setup correctly and you have all the required schema generated from the script?

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:supandey)

In addition to Sushant's questions, please ensure your tcp/ip is enabled  and the port you configured your mssql with is open. Also verify the password in platform-settings.json file.

My TCP/IP ports are enabled, related to configured port with MS-Sql am not aware is it open or not. i don't know how to check it.

If possible please help me how to check port open or not.

Password is correct in platform-settings.json file.

Yes Sushant, I have checked MS SQL schema is setup correctly and i am able to see  ThingWorx related tables under ThingWorx database.

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

Jitender Singh​: I faced the same issue and it seems you have missed the step of placing the JDBC jar file as mentioned in the installation guide

Copy the sqljdbc42-6.0.<build_number>.jar file to the lib directory of the Tomcat installation: (<TOMCAT_HOME>/lib).

Please refer document : Getting Started with MS SQL Server and ThingWorx for complete details.

Top Tags