cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

I have a possible IoT project in KSA. The objective is to put smart devices into all the cars to monitor their speeds and fine the driver if they exceed the speed limit?

grees
1-Newbie

I have a possible IoT project in KSA. The objective is to put smart devices into all the cars to monitor their speeds and fine the driver if they exceed the speed limit?

1 REPLY 1
mneumann
16-Pearl
(To:grees)

Hi Gordon,

this should be possible by e.g. using a custom application based on one of the Edge SDKs. You could develop a custom application, that will either constantly send data to ThingWorx and the platform monitors thresholds and fires events, e.g. writing the GPS location, speed, data and driver / car id into a log file. This could then trigger a process where the fine is determined and applied - or the application will monitor the limits itself (via a geofence) and only report violation.

Of course this data could also be send, e.g. via REST APIs or MQTT.

However for such a project one of the major concerns would probably be privacy - so data collection and triggering a process via a event-triggered platform service should be technically doable. However there will need to be additional security measures, e.g. where to store the data - if and which data is constantly collected and which on a "by-use-case" base. Of course encryption and secure storage areas are despite the driver's consent a major contributor for such a project as well...

I hope that helps to get a first idea.

Cheers,

Michael

Top Tags