cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

what is enforcing jdk 6 compatibilty in android studio as mentioned in the android sdk developer guide

dmishra
1-Newbie

what is enforcing jdk 6 compatibilty in android studio as mentioned in the android sdk developer guide

in android sdk developer guide it has been mentioned as the following

Requirements

Android applications require JDK 6 compatibility. Gradle requires JDK 7 or

higher. While you can use a higher version of the JDK than JDK 6 with Android,

you must set your IDE to enforce JDK 6 compatibility for your generated classes.

please tell whether it is necessary to do this and if yes then how to do this?

8 REPLIES 8
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:dmishra)

Dibya, I haven't had any issue while working with JDK8 having said that i had also upgraded the Gradle version probably because of that. Once you have your project setup in android studio you may see some prompts to update the required components. Are you running into any specific issue concerning JDK configuration in your project?

I'm trying to run the exampleclient sample code.provided in the android sdk. I have set the min sdk version to 18 and gradle version I have adjusted to 3.3.

jdk version is 8

Screenshot (2).png

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Are you able to build the project without any errors? This seem to indicate there there is some issue in the project setup. could you please also check the event log at bottom right corner for more information.

ya the project build is working properly. infact i am also able to install the app

then it asks for ip address,port number,app key. which I provide and after that when it is trying to connect,the app crashes.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

just to confirm when you are prompted with the connection details are you using such a pattern ws://<machineIP/Name>:8080/Thingworx/WS

for connecting to ThingWorx server?

just one thing has AndroidConnectedThingClient is changed to ConnectedThingClient?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

I'm not sure what you mean could you please elaborate. Could you please also mention which example exactly you are trying to work with?

I am trying to run ExampleConnection project.

Top Tags