cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Entities appended with logged in user name to avoid duplicates

vishal
1-Newbie

Entities appended with logged in user name to avoid duplicates

being a multi-tenanted system, we require to instruct entities names to be included with Username to avoid any duplicate.

Is there anyway that in composer all the entities will be appended with logged in user name by itself on some event like out focus event on the name entity field so that special instructions need not to given for users of the TW instance and avoid any confusion of duplicates.

how it can be achieved?

3 REPLIES 3

There's no way to do this out-of-the-box. As we have also a Multi-Tenant solution, what we do it's always create new entities with a Helper Service instead of the Standard one, and this Helper Service it's the one which prefixes entities with Customer's Prefix (which it isn't the User Name ).

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:vishal)

Vishal NIgam I think; I have seen this feature somewhere. I will share if i find something.

I have seen the similar feature in iotu.com under modelling tutorial

They are providing multi-tenent environment for on-boarding developer to follow exercises. Actually it's a smart implementation but no idea how to extend or hook the focus event on the name fields in composer

Top Tags