We seem to have a 404 error which would indicate ThingWorx does not find DataConnect.
Could you please check the URI under SYSTEM > Subsystems > PlatformSubsystem: for ThingWorx DataConnect URL Path if it points to the right location.
It would be good to take this URL and add /about/versioninfo to the end of it and check in a browser what is the result of this URI (please post the output here too).
Also could you post the following files:
- Tomcat log files (<tomcat>/logs)
- DataConnect log files (/opt/dataconnect/logs)
- DataConnect config file (/opt/dataconnect/config)
For the record, this has been solved offline.
Several issues occurred:
- dataconnect.conf was still having the default value and needed to be updated to the site info
- ThingWorx DataConnect URL Path needs to point tot he DataConnect server and not the ThingWorx Analytics one
- firewall was blocking some accesses
- ThingWorx DataConnect Application Key should not be left blank
dataset was then created successfully from ThingWorx to ThingWorx Analytics Server via DataConnect