cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx View for HoloLens crashes during loading my experience

lwietschorke
1-Newbie

ThingWorx View for HoloLens crashes during loading my experience

Hello everyone,

since the last update of ThingWorx View for HoloLens it crashes when loading my experience, which worked fine with the last version (before the update).
During loading of the experience, the DateTime filters I created for live data are shown with "undefined.undefined.undefined undefined:undefined Uhr" on the 3DText element. The filter is:
"return $filter('date')(value, 'dd') + "." + $filter('date')(value, 'MM') + "." + $filter('date')(value, 'yyyy') + " " + $filter('date')(value, 'HH') + ":" + $filter('date')(value, 'mm') + " Uhr";"
This is new with the updated version. In the last version there was nothing shown until all needed data were loaded (which looks better in my opinion). When deleting some of these filters (I have all in all three DateTime in 3DText which are shown) the experience doesn't crash anymore.

How can I fix this? Thanks for your answers!

Lara

Edit: When I change two of the three DateTime filters in the way, that only the date but not the time is shown, the application doesn't crash anymore. Could this be a memory error?

3 REPLIES 3

Just curious, are you retrieving the datetime from ThingWorx Platform? Or else is it within the JS code?

Hi Lara,

you can simplify your filter. Instead of a manual concatenation you could use a format specifier. The code of your filter would look like this:

return $filter('date')(value,'dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm')+' Uhr';

maybe this helps already.

Giri's question is in fact very valid: where does the date come from?

I tested it right now with a connection to a property of Thing and a service result from a Thing (both from External Data) and that worked for me.

I am currently experiencing this issue. I didn't have any issue until recently, it might have been after republishing an experience after the latest update that caused this problem.

I have removed my JS that asks for the time and re-published but it still crashes during loading.

Any ideas of how to fix this?

Top Tags