I can see the components you are referring to on page 58 of the Setup and Getting Started guide-- in particular, these components:
Data Generator TW extension
Asset Simulator TW extension
The truth is, I am not sure where these components are currently available, if at all. I am looking into this.
In the meantime, is there anyone in the community that can chime in on Roy's question?
Technical Support Engineer | Kepware Technologies
The DemoSimulatorPackage.zip is the one officially released. I am not sure how they got the other packages/files. This package has everything it needs as follows. (Learning Workshop 1)
1. DemoFactorySimulator.opf is the Kepware Project file which contains lines/assets and tags for those assets are simulated.
2. DemoFactoryDataSet.zip. This contains all the assets / lines which are bound to the Kepware project. Users need not create them.
3. data-0.twx is the Thingworx data file which creates the Streams
4. KepwareSimulatorControl.zip is an sample app which allows to control the Kepware tag values from the app.
5. There is powerpoint and pdf which provides instructions to install and usage.
NOTE: Steven, I added this information from our conversation to make sure it is out there for others as well.