cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

3D model viewer extension

rmasoud1
1-Newbie

3D model viewer extension

Has anyone gotten the 3D Model Viewer Extension to work? I cannot seem to get it running with a .fbx file.

5 REPLIES 5
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:rmasoud1)

Hi Rami, could you share with us what sort of an issue you are running into with the .fbx file?

I am trying to use the 3D Model Viewer widget and am not able to view the model. The mashup is just blank with no errors.blank.PNG

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Are there also no errors in the Application.log for ThingWorx when you are attempting to load the model?

Yes, there are no errors in the Application log.

placatus
5-Regular Member

You need to set the model to display.

The model can be placed on any HTTP server. The idea here is that the widget makes a GET request to get the model, so the url for ModelUrl needs to be something that can receive GET requests and answer directly with the file. Putting it on Google drive may not work (haven't tested it though) since when you click on a google drive link you usually land at a google page and only after that you click download. Personally I recommend putting it on the same server that hosts Thingworx. Also, you can host the models directly in Thingworx, by uploading them into a FileRepository, or as Media Entities.

Top Tags