cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Does anyone know how to install ThingWatcher 8 via Docker?

ShengLiangQiu
10-Marble

Does anyone know how to install ThingWatcher 8 via Docker?

I use docke toolbox in win 2008 server r2, start a default machine with ip 192.168.99.101.

I put the microservices.properties under E:\ThingWatcher, the content is:

results.destination.uri=results://192.168.99.101:8080/results/models

file.storage.path=/tmp

dataset.webservices.url=

dataset.app.id=

dataset.app.key=

and I run command

docker run -d -p 8080:8080 --name result-standalone -v //E/ThingWatcher/db:/tmp/ -v //E/ThingWatcher/microservices.properties:/maven/results-standalone.properties twxml/result-standalone:2.0 -jar maven/result-standalone-2.0-bin.jar server /maven/results-h2-file.yml

in the terminal, everything is OK, but when I try to access http://192.168.99.101:8080/results/models, it gives me nothing, but it is supposed to show something, right?

then I run command

docker run -d -p 8090:8080 --name training-standalone -v //E/ThingWatcher/microservices.properties:/maven/training-standalone.properties twxml/training-standalone:2.0.0

in the terminal, it will give me message like:

C:\Program Files\Docker Toolbox\docker.exe: Error response from daemon: oci runt

ime error: container_linux.go:262: starting container process caused "process_li

nux.go:339: container init caused \"rootfs_linux.go:57: mounting \\\"/E/ThingWat

cher/microservices.properties\\\" to rootfs \\\"/mnt/sda1/var/lib/docker/aufs/mn

t/9fe81874568f3c4761b309da30fefadfa19db5c958edacf34ceb49884cce7b09\\\" at \\\"/m

nt/sda1/var/lib/docker/aufs/mnt/9fe81874568f3c4761b309da30fefadfa19db5c958edacf3

4ceb49884cce7b09/maven/training-standalone.properties\\\" caused \\\"not a direc

tory\\\"\""

: Are you trying to mount a directory onto a file (or vice-versa)? Check if the

specified host path exists and is the expected type.

Does anyone know where went wrong? I just totally follow the official guide.

5 REPLIES 5

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:posipova)

Hello.  I've been looking into installing Thingworx 8.0 via Docker.  The reference you provided mentions ThingWorx Foundation.  Could you help me understand what the difference is between ThingWorx 8.0 Core System and Foundation?  Are they the same?

Thanks

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:Ascherer17)

Yes, core == foundation.

Hi Chris

There is currently an issue for deploying the training and results microservices as a docker container on Docker Toolbox.

See https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS266265 , the article document this and give some alternate option for deploying.

Kind regards

Christophe

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:cmorfin)

For the record, the issue while deploying microservices on docker toolbox was due to some missing settings in toolbox shared folder.

https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS266265 has been updated with the required steps.

Top Tags