3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 3:27 AM by supandey RSS
    bsimmons-2 Newbie

Where is the Thingworx Platform 8.0 Core Download for PostgreSQL?

I can get the trial version for H2, but not for PostgreSQL.  I am setting up on an Ubuntu machine.  The .war file is not the once specified in the getting started guide.  There is also a missing shell script.  Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,

Bryan

• Re: Where is the Thingworx Platform 8.0 Core Download for PostgreSQL?
        carko Apprentice

Hi, Bryan.

Which link are you using? I certainly can see the Postgres version on the main software downloads page, but that might be different from where you're looking.

Message me if you don't want to publicly post the link.

Thanks,

-- Craig A.

• Re: Where is the Thingworx Platform 8.0 Core Download for PostgreSQL?
            bsimmons-2 Newbie

Hey Craig,

Thanks for the fast reply.  Below is the only link I've been offered to download Foundation Server 8.0.  As you can see from the URL at the bottom of the image, this is for the H2 version. 

A large part of my confusion is that the installation instructions that come with the package in the form of a PDF have branched instructions for PostgreSQL.  These call for a different version of the Thingworx.war file and to execute a provided script to configure the SQL server.  These are not in the package.  I've also tried downloading this from the Ubuntu machine in case it was auto-detecting the OS; no luck.

The ironic thing is that I've gotten to the point of having a functional installation up to the point of when Java invokes a method for verifying the license file  license.bin.  I've tried both the file included with the package and the file I've downloaded from the PTC license manager site for Thingworx.  Neither works.  I've verified naming convention, owner and permissions (chmod, chown, "license.bin") etc.  no luck.  I think that part of the issue is that we are an existing customer of PTC's and the PTC download site does not provide a link to the Thingworx software "updates" etc.  I  have a ticket in with PTC currently to investigate this.  If I use the ID you see in this posting the PTC site complains that I don't have permissions to get software downloads (despite being directed there by instructions, etc.)  If I use my work account which has me configured as the work site PTC administrator for Windchill, etc. it doesn't offer me the option of getting Thingworx updates.  It seems like Thingworx is offering a 120-day trial, and PTC is making it impractical to actually act on it.

I'm sensing a PTC-Thingworx left-hand-right-hand type issue, here.

If you happen to know where the super-secret link to the appropriate license.bin file and/or the complete PostgreSQL package can be found, I'd sure appreciate it.

I hope that didn't come off as a rant.  Thanks for your time! 

Best Regards,

Bryan

The Foundation Server 8.0 version available here does not contain the Postgres version, only the H2 version.