cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Data Analysis Definition (DAD)

bdhamdhere1
1-Newbie

Data Analysis Definition (DAD)

Hello,

I am able to send data from thingworx foundation to analytics via the data connector using the DAD ,by specifying the time period and dates .

My question is how can I send data to analytics without clicking the execution button at regular time period.and how frequently i can do it.

IN short how can i automate the process of DAD execution  for regular time interval.

Kind Regards,

Bhushan.

3 REPLIES 3

Bhushan,

Thanks for posting your question to the Community.

Currently there is no method of automating the process of DAD execution for a regular time interval as this is a UI entity component within ThingWorx.

I have asked a colleague from the ThingWorx Support Services team to review this question if they have any suggestions from the Platform side.

Regards,

Neel

Hello Neel,

Thanks for replying .

I have a small doubt here, If there is currently no method for executing DAD automatically ,then how will a live use case work ,given below is my query ,.

1. Is DAD only used to transfer data to analytics by manual intervention ,can a real time data flow in at regular interval and retrain a model as and when required.

2.If suppose we have created a Prediction model by taking the data from foundation to analytics (by executing DAD) and later used that model for real time prediction using thingpredictor ,in real live case ,how frequently we should retrain the model and how frequently we should execute DAD for the same ,in-order to get the correct prediction values .In short how this whole cycle will work in a real case.

Kind Regards ,

Bhushan.

Bhushan,

Based on your questions, It appears you want to do this via ThingWorx Platform Mashup which is not possible to automate.

Are you capable of using REST APIs to query and retrieve?

Regarding your two questions, have you review the DataConnect User Guide that outlines the REST API methods? You can find the User Guide for 7.4 here.

I would recommend retraining the model every time new data is added to have the most accurate results. I cannot speak to frequency of loading manually as that is entirely up to your use case.

Is there a specific use case around your situation that you cannot have ThingPredictor pick the data directly?

You can find details around configuring ThingPredictor here

Please let me know if that has helped answer your question.

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags