cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Lock User failed

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Lock User failed

Hi Folks,

I'm unable to lock User(s) manually from composer itself. It's working if called at runtime using LockUser() service but whenever I try to do it from User's setting,it fails.

Selecting LockedUser to True and Save it and close it.

Found warning as  "User unlocked after x mins".I also tried to change lock out time to 60 mins but no luck.

11 REPLIES 11
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi Tarun, when you do it via the script does the account stay in locked state until you change it yourself? Because there's time duration defined for which locked out will be effective and afterwards i assume user can reattempt the login. It's defined in the System > Subsystems  > UserManagementSubsystem > configuration

Hi Sushant,

Yes, it did work via the script.

And weird observation is that, User getting unlocked just after I lock it and hit Save,but not after any predefined UserManagementSubsystem timeout and throwing warning "user got unlocked after 15 mins" which is actually few seconds.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Could you confirm couple of details here:

1. ThingWorx version

2. Were those user logged in Composer when you locked them manually?

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:supandey)

I just tried reproducing this on 7.4.2 seems to be working okay

TWX 7.4 version.

No, users weren't logged-in that time. I tried this with a test user also but no progress.

Sushant,

I have TWX running on 2 machines. This scenario is on one machine . Same functionality is working fine on other machine .

Both machines have got same configurations as well,then what could be the cause?

Hi Sushant,

Any updates?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Interesting, there must be something different as you have mentioned yourself that on one machine it works fine. Also i could test successfully.

One thing you can check is by setting the logging level for all the logs to Debug/Trace and then again try to lock the user manually from composer and see if it logs any other detail in the log. If it does could you share that here for reference.

jgabriel
12-Amethyst

Can somebody confirm, that users locked via script gets automaticly unlocked?

I was planning to use that to restrict access to remotely disabled users... What should i use instead?

Regards JG.

Yes.

You can set time to unlock all locked users in Subsytems--UserManagementSubsystem--configuration--Account Lockout Settings.

hope that helps!

jgabriel
12-Amethyst

Confirmed, locked user (gui or script) gets unlocked automatically based on UserManagementSubsystem settings.

It is little bit inconvenient, that you cannot turn off the unlocking feature. I had to use Enabled instead.

Top Tags