cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Hide a part by Model Item

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member

Hide a part by Model Item

Hi,

Please let me know if there is any chance to hide a part by Model Item in Thingworx Studio.

If there are any other ways also is ok for me.

Regards,

Thadeus.D

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, it is possible to hide the Model Item by setting its visible property to false.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Yes, it is possible to hide the Model Item by setting its visible property to false.

Select "ModelItem" Widget Icon on Widgets menu of 3D CANVAS (press and hold LMB, drag "MopdelItem" icon onto required part of the model and then release mouse button:

You can see selected part of the model in 3D CANVAS :

As you can see in the "Model Item Details" pan - you now focused on Component (here - /24) and from now you can operate with this Component of Model separately.

For hide this part (i.e. "Component") you could prepare for example 2D Toggle button

(only for example I select two different PNG-icons as shown below. I don't understand but I need select "Not Pressed" and unselect "Pressed" properties of this toggle-button, but under such conditions it works right otherwise we cannot see hide-unhide function)

and  bind it with modelItem-1 on the "PROJECT - Views" pan.

For hide you can use "Pressed" property of toggle-button for Hide

(for do it select In the binding menu "ForcedHidden" or "Visible" properties, then press "BIND" ):

And now you can see in the BINDINGS-pane on the gray bottom area new  binding between selected component "modelItem-1" and the toggle-button:

Now you can use ToggleButton for hide/unhide the only component of the Model.

(Toggle-Button is "Not Pressed":)

(And now it is "Pressed" - our Component is hidden:)

(Now press yet another time our Toggle-Buttoh - we can see our Component again:)

= = = = =

tdevasagayam
5-Regular Member
(To:vkrayushkin)

Thank you very much Vladimir

I have four models in my studio.  I want to click on four buttons to effectively hide three of the four.  For example, top, bottom, back, front assemblies.  Any suggestions?  I imported four PVZ files of the four assemblies.

Top Tags