cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Unable to delete Application Key TwxRuntimeKey_Administrator

bgupta-2
9-Granite

Unable to delete Application Key TwxRuntimeKey_Administrator

Dear Team,

Why am I getting this  error -- Unable to delete Application Key TwxRuntimeKey_Administrator

7 REPLIES 7
CRArko
17-Peridot
(To:bgupta-2)

Hello, Bhuwaneshwar Gupta.

Please take a look at the post

What is the TwxRuntimeKey_Administrator? And what is its use?

I'll echo the question asked there:

Is this in a default instance, with Navigate, Utilities?

-- Craig A.

Thanks Craig,

Given link is unable to open showing unauthorized access.

What is default instances, with Navigate, Utilities?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you are not using Navigate at all, are you at all using the Push Updated Properties to Clients Feature?

i.e. In your mashup you are using GetProperties and have enabled the 'send data when a property is updated'

When this feature is enabled and a user is logged and viewing a mashup it will create an account specific appkey temporarily.

Thanks Pai Chung,

Is this error create any problems in our applications?

Hi Pai Chung,

Is this bug in 7.3 Thingworx platform? Why system is trying to delete application key TwxRuntimeKey_Administrator?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

If you are using the Platform Push to Client, then these appkeys are temporarily created to allow for a websocket connection from platform to client.

I believe it should only persist for a very short amount of time just to establish the connection and then it has a session and deletes the appkey

These appkeys aren't persisted to protect against other third party people trying to guess these appkeys and using them. (Please note that it is very safe, a person would have to guess a GUID)

The system not being able to delete it would be a bug that should be reported.

Thanks Pia Chung

Top Tags