cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Load the Simulator into KEPWARE

tikegami
1-Newbie

Load the Simulator into KEPWARE

Hello,

I am tripping with "DemoFactoryPackage".

[Progress and symptoms]
"DemoFactoryPackage"
"Step 2.1: Load the Simulator into KEPWARE" was carried out.
After inserting "DemoFactorySimulator.opf"
The content of the project has been rewritten, and it can not connect with Thingworx.

[Kepserver's Message]
The message of Kepserver right after rewriting the contents of the project is as follows.
> The runtime project has been replaced. | New project = 'C: \ Users \ Administrator \ Downloads \ DemoSimulatorPackage \ DemoFactoryPackage \ DemoFactorySimulator.opf'.
> Failed to connect to server: '127.0.0.1: 57212'. Please verify this connection information is correct and that host can be reached.
> Failed to connect to ThingWorx Native Interface ThingWorx. | Platform 127.0.0.1:57212/Thingworx/WS, Error: Failed to initialize secure socket connection.

[Correspondence]
1)> "Please verify this connection information is correct and that host can be reached."

I confirmed that Ping 127.0.0.1 will pass.
2) Host and port number of project properties,

Like the message "Failed to connect to server: '127.0.0.1: 5712"

I made it to host: 127.0.01, port: 57212,

As shown in the error message, "Secure socket connection could not be initialized."
3) When "Discover Device" is executed from _Thingworx_Apps, the following message will be displayed.

"Devices can not be found as PTC.MfgSegment.Kepware_Simulator is not connected to a server."
NotConnect.png
In addition, another alert "The number of tags exceeded 500" is displayed.
I just installed the specified file, so I do not know how to solve it.

Alert_Tag.png

Best Regards,

takashi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine
(To:tikegami)

Greetings Takashi ,

When you load the file "DemoFactorySimulator.opf" in Kepware it overrides the project content .

So to connect to ThingWorx Server you need to provide the following details in the Kepware Project Properties :

1. Host : It will be the hostname of your ThingWorx Server

2. Port : Port at which ThingWorx is running

3. Application Key : Search for Application Key in ThingWorx Composer for the thing specified in Project Properties

For example i am launching ThingWorx using this URL : http://localhost:8080/Thingworx .

So the host would be localhost and port will be 8080.

Once these properties are updated , the Kepware will again try the connection to ThingWorx Server using above properties .

Regards,

Himesh Rajpal

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
hrajpal
13-Aquamarine
(To:tikegami)

Greetings Takashi ,

When you load the file "DemoFactorySimulator.opf" in Kepware it overrides the project content .

So to connect to ThingWorx Server you need to provide the following details in the Kepware Project Properties :

1. Host : It will be the hostname of your ThingWorx Server

2. Port : Port at which ThingWorx is running

3. Application Key : Search for Application Key in ThingWorx Composer for the thing specified in Project Properties

For example i am launching ThingWorx using this URL : http://localhost:8080/Thingworx .

So the host would be localhost and port will be 8080.

Once these properties are updated , the Kepware will again try the connection to ThingWorx Server using above properties .

Regards,

Himesh Rajpal

Hello Himesh,

I noticed that "Thingworx Application_Keys" is different.
It solved it by registering a regular application key.

AppricationKey.png

Best Regards,

takashi

Also in Express version, there are licensing limitation on how many tags can be used (500 tags I believe ), number of trends (10 trends), data retention (7 days), etc. The idea is to allow customers or potential customers to quickly connect Kepware and evaluate the apps on their own. For longer trial version or paid version, customers should work with Sales Rep.

Top Tags