11 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2017 7:37 AM by jjaaskelainen RSS
    athompson Apprentice

Problems with playing sequences on HoloLens

Hi All,

I'm experiencing a problem with getting a sequence to play in a HoloLens experience.

I've created a simple 4 step sequence in the PVZ file and I've tried two different things to get it to work:

• Bind the doubletap application event to the Play All service of the model
    • Create a 3D image and bind the click event to the Play service of the model

In both cases the preview of the experience works correctly, but when I publish the experience and try to get the sequence to play, nothing happens.

Anyone else having this problem?

Many thanks,

Allan

• Re: Problems with playing sequences on HoloLens
        athompson Apprentice

After a bit of investigating, it looks like the problem is with the PVZ file that get created from Creo Illustrate 4.1.

Here's what I've found:

If the PVZ file with the sequence was created from Creo Illustrate 4.1, it does not play on the HoloLens.

If the PVZ file was created in an earlier version of Creo Illustrate, it plays on the HoloLens.

PVZ files from any version will play on on a table or phone (tested on iOS)

If I use the PVZ file from Illustrate 4.0, I also get some playback problems on the HoloLens where some parts incorrectly jump around.  This doesn't happen when using the same file in a mobile experience.

I've attached the PVZ files that I output from Illustrate 4.1 and 4.0.

Can anyone else confirm this?

Regards,

Allan

giri Communicator

Allan Thompson Raphael Rohde Juho-Matti Jaaskelainen As a workaround, till we fix the incompatibility issue in Creo Illustrate 4.0 - HoloLes, can you please try creating the sequence file using Creo Illustrate 3.0 and import into your HoloLens project? I had the same issue creating sequence in Creo Illustrate 4.0, but when importing/creating sequence in Illustrate 3.0 fixed the issue.

I are currently working on fixing the issue considering it as a critical bug. We'll keep you posted on the updates.

athompson Apprentice

Hi Giri,

Sequences created in an older version of Illustrate do play OK.  The problems that I have are:

• I've got other work to do that is better done with Illustrate 4.1
              • 4.1 has much nicer tools for creating the sequence animations
              • You can't have 2 versions of Illustrate installed on the same machine

So for the moment, I've got another machine with Illustrate 3.1 installed, but it would be really good to have the 4.1 output bug fixed.  And don't forget - 5.0 is just around the corner (December) so please make sure the fix will work with that.

Cheers,

Allan

jjaaskelainen Newbie

Hello,

just side note with Creo Illustrate 4.0; if you publish both Creo 2D and Creo 3D (this is the default settings) at the same time, the sequences won't work. But if you uncheck the 2D from File => Publish => Settings and publish the PVZ, then the sequences will work which is strange. At least this happened with me.

Best regards,

Juho-Matti