Hello Thadeus and Giri,
A recipe, is a text with .rcp extension used in the Creo View Adapters.
It contains some settings used when converting a CAD file to .pvz or .pvs file.
Creo View Adapters is embedded in Creo Parametric.
In the Creo View Adapters, it is possible to have an User Interface to modify the recipe file.
Please follow these steps :
- Run <Creo View Adapter install directory>\bin\proe2pv_config.exe
- In the Setup Directory field, select another browser
- In the Start Comand field, select the <Creo Parametric install directory>\Parametric\bin\parametric.bat file
- Click Setup button
- Click Recipe Editor button
- In the Basic tab, in the Required Entities frame, switch on the required settings.
For Cosmetic, it is Cosmetic Geometry for example.
For geometry, Output Geometry should be enough, I guess.
To export Surfaces/Quilt, it is more complex.
I have found this article with more details about the settings to enable in this User Interface:
- Does this help you?
I don't think that you made a mistake.
I recommand you to uninstall it and reinstall it.
It might possible that third party libraries are missing.
Do you have a space in the folder where is installed Creo View Adapter?
I have found a similar use case for a very old version with a similar issue.