cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Local Bound Properties are lost on save

kgambhir
1-Newbie

Local Bound Properties are lost on save

I am also facing the same issue.Have you got any solution to this?

Message was edited by: Sushant Pandey branched from https://community.thingworx.com/message/63280

8 REPLIES 8
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:kgambhir)

Hi Komal, which ThingWorx version are you on?

Thingworx version -7.4.0-b159

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Thanks for sharing this Komal, please upgrade to higher version e.g. 7.4.2  or 8.0 I think you are running into this known issue reported in knowledge base article Binding RemoteThing's property to a Thing's inherited ThingShape properties lose bindings and throw Invalid service name: GetRemoteMetadata in ThingWorx 7.4.0

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

komal gambhir​ : Could you please share the base type of the property and steps you followed.

-Durgesh

Durgesh Patel​ : I have tried to bind the properties from the remote thing to my local thing in Thingworx. When I bind the data with Thing properties it got successfully bounded and I was able to see the updated data from simulator. However , if I tried to bind it with the properties that is being inherited by thing from its template.The changes disappeared after saving.Thus only local properties specific to that thing are getting bounded and not the inherited ones.Please see the below thread, I am facing the exact issue.

Local Bound Properties

Base type of the properties - Number and Boolean

dupatel
19-Tanzanite

komal gambhir​: I believe the issue you are observing is that your when you are binding properties that is being inherited by thing from its template.The binding/link changes disappeared after saving Thing.

However, the issue reported under thread Local Bound Properties is that the binding remains saved for the user but values of remote thing is not getting updated to any Thing Shape/Template properties from the link.

Both the issue has been reported on 7.4 instances so let me check and reproduce the behavior on a 7.4 instance and update with my findings.

-Durgesh

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:dupatel)

komal gambhir​ : I checked on the latest ThingWorx release 8.0.2 both the issue seems to be resolved. Both the binding changes getting saved and values are getting updated to any Thing Shape/Template properties using remote thing via SDK.

As suggested by Sushant, please Upgrade to higher version ThingWorx e.g. 7.4.2  or 8.0 + and do let us know in case you still observe issue.

-Durgesh

Thanks Durgesh Patel & Sushant Pandey  for the valuable suggestions.

Top Tags