3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2017 2:38 AM by liliu RSS
    yongkim Explorer

Questions about Thingworx platform HA Configuration

As shown in this diagram, we want to configure Zookeeper nodes on both Thingworx Servers (Active and Standby) and Database Servers to configure Thingworx HA.

Is this possible?

If it is a bad configuration, how do I change it? We want to configure the physical server to minimize.

• Re: Questions about Thingworx platform HA Configuration
        liliu Creator

Hi Kim,

This structure is not right. Please follow below picture for HA structure. Only ThingWorx server need Zoonkeeper. DB don't need that.

Any further cocnern, please let me know.

BR,

Lily

yongkim Explorer

Hi Li Li

Thanks for your quick answer.

Currently I don't  need considering HA configuration of DB. However, I need at least three nodes of zookeeper and I want to set up the zookeeper node on  DB Server to physically distribute the ZK node. Is there a problem with this configuration? Customers want to have a minimum number of servers.

Regards

Yongjune.

liliu Creator

Hi Kim,

ZooKeeper is used to electe new leader. On ThingWorx HA, it was used to elect new ThingWorx server. Usually ZooKeeper's number should be 2n+1, so that it can tolerate n server down. It means if you have 3 ThingWorx servers and with 3 ZooKeepers, you can have one ThingWorx server down without letting end user knowing that. If you only have 2 ThingWorx servers and 2 Zookeeper's, the election  function is meaningless.

Although there is no offical article said we have to set up 3 ThingWorx servers for HA, it seems the minimum number of ThingWorx server should be 3.

Best Regards,

Lily