cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Can I prevent it from being line when mapping GPS to Google Maps?

CHASEONHO
18-Opal

Can I prevent it from being line when mapping GPS to Google Maps?

Good morning? I am SeonHo.

The intent of my question is clear.

Does Thingworx has function that prevent some of the GPS values from being received and displayed as a straight line, or does it has function that show the non-straight route?

I will explain more.

When you look at the pictures, you can see that some of the routes are straight.

This is because the GPS value is not received at a certain time or period, or the module is turned off.

When you receive the GPS value again or when the module is turned on, the GPS value is clearly different.

So I think it is displayed in a straight line.

I wonder if it has the ability to show the path between two GPS points that are represented by this straight line.

Please introduce

The important thing is to make straight path the normal route  between two GPS points.

It is important to make the path of the red straight line in the picture look like purple.

Is it possible?

Or any suggestions to me?

Help

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:CHASEONHO)

Hi Seonho, going by the description you are right that the lines are straight because of the gap in between the values. I don't think there's any out of the box feature for this, however if you want to exclude these outliers, you could consider adding small piece of code which implements the logic for values that are being logged after considerable amount of time gap.

Other idea could be to calculate average gps coordinates between the points that are separated too much due to the time delay in receiving their values.

Dear Pandey

Thank you for your reply.

I'm really sorry, but can you tell me a little bit more?

It will be easier to understand if you tell me through examples or links.

Thank you.

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:CHASEONHO)

Sorry I don't have any ready made code for this, but a quick search and I found this  lat lon - Detecting and fixing outliers in a GPS trajectory - Geographic Information Systems Stack Exchange may be of help to you in writing your logic.

Top Tags