cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

invalid session error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]

bmitioglov
1-Newbie

invalid session error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]

Hi,

Please help, I get the following exception in my app: "invalid session error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider.]]". My application after such exceptions is not working properly and I have no idea how to fix such problems. This exception appears after some time during runtime. I am attaching my app log dashboard screenshot.

Thingworx 8.0.0-b11 with h2 embedded database.

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:bmitioglov)

Hi Boris, could you share the detail on the Tomcat and the OS version? Is it possible for you to attach complete tomcat and application log from Thingworx here?

BTW, Is this a fresh installation?

Hi Sushant,

Tomcat 8.5

Windows 10 Enterprise

Logs are in the attach.

It's quite fresh installation, less than 1 month, also I cleared ThingworxStorage folder several times in order to try to get rid of that error.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Thank you Boris for sharing this, I see after your last restart webapp was stopped and seems it's not running. Could you also add the recent Tomcat's catalina log before and after the restart of the system.

Also under which account is Tomcat currently running?

Logs from tomcat are in the attach. Tomcat is running under admin account on my local machine.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Hi Boris, I sifted through the catalina log it seems during stop/start up of Tomcat there are certain entities that tries to stop/start but fails to do so in timely manner. Do you have any timers/ subscriptions on any entity that requires to start up during this? Have you tried undeploying and redeploying the webapp (hoping you have full back up of current system)?

BTW, how is this invalid session error is affecting your? Does it not allow you to work with certain entities? because thingworx server does seem to boot up and continue to run despite that error. Will be helpful to know how this error is impacting you

Hi Sushant Pandey,

Thanks for your work. Yes, I have a subscription that binded to ThingStart event. Inside that subscription I call several 3rd party services and run one long running service. Maybe that is the problem, but how can I execute all those services on startup if ThingStart event is not applicable for that?

This error affects me from time to time when I click the button to view mashup. The services that are bind to ThingStart are not executing and I don't see their results on the screen.

I tried to redeploy a lot of times, the error keeps happening.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

What sort of 3rd part services are these? Can they not be divided into smaller ones that could return quick results? Sorry if i am not fully understanding your requirements, but have you tried exploring the solution with Scheduler Thing? See Thing Templates to check the details on Scheduler ThingTemplate in the documentation

Top Tags