9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2017 11:06 AM by jdass RSS
    jborovský Newbie

Installing Thingworx 8.1 - white page

Hi,

I have been trying to install TW but I must be doing something wrong. keystore-password file was generated in my ThingworxPlatform folder, containing  string ending with equal sign.

When I access url with Thingworx I get completely white page.

Here are some maybe relevant Logs from Tomcat

stderr

03-Oct-2017 17:12:50.625 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

stdout

2017-10-03 17:12:42 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized

Attempting to load ESAPI.properties via file I/O.

Attempting to load ESAPI.properties as resource file via file I/O.

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: C:\ThingworxStorage\esapi\ESAPI.properties

Loaded 'ESAPI.properties' properties file

Attempting to load validation.properties via file I/O.

Attempting to load validation.properties as resource file via file I/O.

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: C:\ThingworxStorage\esapi\validation.properties

Loaded 'validation.properties' properties file

*** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

*** Web Application STATE is being set to ERROR! ***

Thank you for any advice in advance

Jara

• Re: Installing Thingworx 8.1 - white page
        polinao Collaborator

What database is it? Seems like it cannot establish the database connection.

jborovský Newbie

Update:

I changed authorization for twadmmin user and I had probably wrong password in platform setting file. Now when I try to access TW url it is spinnning indefinetely. I checked th location of java.dll. It seems OK.

New LOGS:

03-Oct-2017 19:39:46.103 SEVERE [ContainerBackgroundProcessor[StandardEngine[Catalina]]] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs Error waiting for multi-thread deployment of WAR files to complete

java.lang.InterruptedException

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.awaitDone(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:744)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:407)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1595)

at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:280)

at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:94)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.java:1164)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1388)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.processChildren(ContainerBase.java:1392)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(ContainerBase.java:1360)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2017-10-03 19:21:54 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: C:\ThingworxStorage\esapi\ESAPI.properties

Found in 'org.owasp.esapi.resources' directory: C:\ThingworxStorage\esapi\validation.properties

*** CRITICAL ERROR ON STARTUP: Unable to initialize and start system: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!

*** Web Application STATE is being set to ERROR! ***

org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: destroy called

Expecting an absolute path of the library: FlxCore64.dll

ytella Apprentice

Hi Jaroslav,

Have you set the library path to the PATH variable in the system environment variables?

If you haven't done so, could you please try the steps given in the following thread and let us know the result:

https://community.thingworx.com/community/developers/blog/2017/04/12/74-thingworx-does-not-launch-due-to-license-error-in-windows

jborovský Newbie

It didnt help me. 

03-Oct-2017 20:39:32.577 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext.log No Spring WebApplicationInitializer types detected on classpath

System property [org.owasp.esapi.opsteam] is not set

System property [org.owasp.esapi.devteam] is not set

catalina

03-Oct-2017 20:39:26.055 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR Deploying web application archive C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 8.5\webapps\Thingworx.war

03-Oct-2017 20:39:32.483 INFO [localhost-startStop-1] org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars At least one JAR was scanned for TLDs yet contained no TLDs. Enable debug logging for this logger for a complete list of JARs that were scanned but no TLDs were found in them. Skipping unneeded JARs during scanning can improve startup time and JSP compilation time.

2017-10-03 20:39:24 Commons Daemon procrun stdout initialized

Expecting an absolute path of the library: FlxCore64.dll

jdass Apprentice

Jaroslav ,

Could you attach your complete Application log file present in the ThingworxStorage/logs folder?