cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

How can I easily get data from my cellphone and send it to a Thing

vxavier
13-Aquamarine

How can I easily get data from my cellphone and send it to a Thing

Hello everyone,

I am now with a challenge to use Thingworx with QR codes or  barcodes.

The reason is that I want to make easier to keep track of things in a customer usual case.

For do that, I want to scanner the thing and send an information to update the state of a process in the Thingworx, to keep it fast.

So, I don't know if it is possible use Thingworx to open a cellphone or tablet camera, in the minimum is hard. So I was guessing if I use some random code reader app in the android store, and, after read the image and get the information, update this information in Thingworx.

So, one of the basics things here that I need to know is if there is an easy way to send information of a cellphone to the Thingworx. Like Gps, or any sensor in the smartphone.       

The second is a way to communicate with the application that I read the code, get that information and then send it to Thingworx.

Can anyone give me some light or tell from where should I begin?

2 REPLIES 2
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:vxavier)

Hi Vinicius, have you considered using ThingWorx's Android Edge SDK that can allow you to transfer data from mobile device to ThingWorx. Sharing below some quick links to setup guide and sample apps

1. Exploring ThingWorx Android SDK together with web based Revision Control System and secured connection to ThingWorx Serv…

2. Android SDK Setup Guide

3. Android SDK Tutorial

If you are working with iOS based devices here's link to the guides and tutorial for them

1. iOS SDK Setup Guide

2. iOS SDK Tutorial

Hope this'd help.

tcoufal
12-Amethyst
(To:vxavier)

You might consider to use some mobile platform development tool (framework) like Ionic 2.0 and communicate via ThingWorx's standard REST API.

For reading HW information you can use Cordova packages.

I have done very simple application for reading QR codes and opening TW Mashup (public access) afterwards.

It was done like in 15 minutes.

Works everywhere.

Tomas

Top Tags