cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to connect STUDIO to the COMPOSER?

pporta
5-Regular Member

How to connect STUDIO to the COMPOSER?

I want to hook up my AR experience to data modelled in the Composer. In the HELP section of Thingworx Studio I am instructed to.....

Configuring the Thing Template in ThingWorx Composer

1. In ThingWorx Composer, navigate to the thing template that you want to make ThingMark-enabled.

2. On the General Information page, search for and select PTC.ExperienceService.ThingmarkEnabledShape thing shape in the Implemented Shapes field.

Help: I cannot find the PTC.ExperienceService.ThingmarkEnabledShape when looking for it in the Implemented Shapes field.

Anyone out there that can point me in the right direction? I am running the free trial version of the Composer. I would be very thankful for advice.

BR Peter

4 REPLIES 4
dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:pporta)

Peter Porta​: You need a ThingWorx extension ( ThingWorx VuforiaExperienceService Extension Package) which contains VuMarkEnabledShape(old)/ThingmarkEnabledShape Thing. This extension is not currently available on marketplace and has limited to PTC internal use.

Please refer to similar post for detail: https://community.thingworx.com/message/60905#60905

From the subject of the post it is not clear if you are not able to connect Studio to ThingWorx or need to see ThingmarkEnabledShape Thing.

-Durgesh

pporta
5-Regular Member
(To:dupatel)

Hi Durgesh - thanks for replying so swiftly!

I am able to connect Studio to to ThingWorx - but the ThingmarkEnabledShape does not show up when searching for it in ThingWorx.

As a licenced partner to PTC I was hoping to get access to that extension - any idea how to get it?

I am currently running the Trial version of Studio and the Composer

BR Peter

dupatel
19-Tanzanite
(To:pporta)

Peter Porta​: Currently, it is PTC internal and let me check with Product Management team to see if there are plans to make it public & if when.

-Durgesh

Hi,
we would like to use the possibility for ThingMark-Enabled Thing like described above and in your Help Center.

http://support.ptc.com/help/vuforia/studio/it/index.html#page/Studio_Help_Center/UsingThingCodeEnabledShape.html

Is it possible to receive the  Vuforia.VuforiaExperienceService.VuMarkEnabledShape thing shape for enabling this feature?

Raphael

Top Tags