cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

SelectedItems in List

egolindano
7-Bedrock

SelectedItems in List

Hi. Can anyone explain me how SelectedItems in list widget works?

I have a list with severals items in it, so i need to select some default values and i can't figure out how to set the selected items; I know the widget has a "SelectedItems" option, but it doesn't work.

Thank You in Advance.

7 REPLIES 7
gnandyala
13-Aquamarine
(To:egolindano)

Selecteditems should have an infotable input.

Hi, Gautham. Thanks for the answer.. I know it needs an infotable.. Actually I pass an infotable as a parameter but it doesn't select the items.

jdass
12-Amethyst

If your infotable returns more than one row, try checking the MultiSelect option .

Hi Janet. Thanks for the reply. It already has the MultiSelect option checked.

jdass
12-Amethyst

Eddison,

From what I understand, you have a service that returns an infotable . And you want to auto select those rows in the List widget.

You could achieve that by just binding All Data from your service (QueryJustTwo in my example)to the SelectedItems of the List Widget.

1. Test the service to check if it returns the correct rows
  2. And make sure the rows match the ones already listed in the List widget.

Janet. As soon as i test your solution. I'll reply. Thans.

Hi, Janet.. Sry for the late response (few months i guess) but i didn't keep working on that until now.. I realize that the selectedItems works perfectly, but in my case the list with the options and the list with the selected options are sent to a navigation widget in a modal popup and when it loads, does nothing.. Do you have any idea the cause of this? Thanks.

Top Tags