4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2017 9:57 AM by cmorfin RSS
    dgurijala Explorer

Getting error in ThingWorxTrialEdition-8.0.1-windows-installer installation.

Hi,

I am trying to install ThingWorxTrialEdition-8.0.1-windows-installer.

But I am getting an error as in the below image.

Can I get some help in the installation.

Please find the error image below.

installation error1.png

Thanks,

Deven.

• Re: Getting error in ThingWorxTrialEdition-8.0.1-windows-installer installation.
        cmorfin Communicator

Hi

Could you give more details:

- which version of Windows are you running ?

- which version of docker are you running ?

- are you able to run docker run hello-world ?

- can you post the output of the following commands docker images , docker ps -a, docker-machine ls (if using Docker Toolbox) ?

- could you upload  all the installer log files (should be under C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxTrialEdition)

Thanks

Christophe

• Re: Getting error in ThingWorxTrialEdition-8.0.1-windows-installer installation.
            dgurijala Explorer

Hi

- which version of Windows are you running ?

Windows 10.

-  which version of docker are you running ?

17.09.0-ce-win33.

- are you able to run docker run hello-world ?

I did not run it.

- can you post the output of the following commands docker images , docker ps -a, docker-machine ls (if using !Docker Toolbox) ?

not using Docker Toolbox.

- could you upload  all the installer log files (should be under C:\Program Files (x86)\ThingWorxTrialEdition)

I am not able to attach the log files hear. Is there any other option to attach the files?

Thanks,

Deven.

cmorfin Communicator

Hi

Thank you for your answer.

Apologies also as I seemed to not have been clear enough in my previous post.

The docker command output  would be needed even without Toolbox, that is only the last docker-machine command that was specific to toolbox.

the hello-world test is an important one to perform too.

So to summarize could you execute the following command

- docker run hello-world

- docker images

- docker ps -a

Also to attach file, you can hit the Use Adanced Editor in the Reply, you will find a Attach link at the bottom right of the text area.

Finally, as suggested by Irene Weber , did you try accessing ThingWorx URL ? it is possible that this component has been installed ok but Utilities is not, so you could still be able to test a few things for the time being.

Thank you

Kind regards

Christophe

iweber Newbie

Hi Deven, hi Christophe

I have a similar experience:

I also downloaded ThingWorx Trial edition installer yesterday and got the same error message. ThingWorx server started up and is running nonetheless. I can access it by the url shown in the error dialog from the local machine. It looks like ThingWorxIndustrialConnectivity did not install properly.

Regards

Irene