As per my understanding; it is not possible to select just one entity from Entities.twx.
The process to import the specific entities would have been easier with a second server.
You can try following:
1. Take the full export of latest entities.
2. Import the Backup Entities.twx; you want to Restore.
3. Export the specific Entities.
4. Import the Export done in Step 1.
5. Import the specific entities exported in Step 3.
I hope it helps.
I would suggest you to take a Source Control entity Export in Future. It exports all the entities as separate xml files. So, it is easy to import specific entities.
your explanations are crystal clear!
I'll check if I can use "Source Control entity Export" for my daily backups
I followed a tutorial in this forum for that entities backup and I am using a timer and
url: "https://MyTHXserver/Thingworx/ExportDatabase/?WithData=false" /* STRING */,
is there an URL for ExportSourceControl ?