cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Accessing nested InfoTables data via API

fsiviero
1-Newbie

Accessing nested InfoTables data via API

Hello everyone,

I've an issue that I was hoping someone could help me with.

I'm developing an app where I need to get logged data from things via the REST API. Right now I'm trying to get information from a property that is inside a nested Infotable. I've a datashape called SimpleDataShape, associated with a ThingTemplate, that in turn has another infotable using a datashape with two string properties. Is there a service that will allow me to get one of the string properties inside the nested infotable directly? I'm using QueryInfoTablePropertyHistory on a Thing for SimpleDataShape but that means i'll get the entire infotable as a response and i'd need to parse the nested ones manually.

Thank you for the help in advance

Francisco

1 REPLY 1
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:fsiviero)

Hi Francisco, if i am getting your use case right I think this was discussed previously in this thread How to change a value in a nested InfoTable?

Could you give it a try and let us know if that doesn't fits your requirement. As far as I know there's no OOTB service for nested infotable you just will have to read out an entry, from nested table as an object, and perform update to that. Above mentioned thread should give you some code samples as an example.

Top Tags