4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 13, 2017 9:01 AM by pagrawal-2 RSS
    pagrawal-2 Apprentice

How to update image property on mashup?

Hi,

I have a thing that has property "Image" and also has default value.

I have used that thing in a mashup from which I want to update that image at run time.

I am not having any vision, how will I be able to do that??/

Can you please help me that????

Thanks.

• Re: How to update image property on mashup?
        supandey Collaborator

Prashant, are you not able to update that widget by calling a service during runtime? Service call could depend on several events like button click, some background processing or subscription/alert or just some timer based calls. Basically this service should output image based on your requirement.

pagrawal-2 Apprentice

Actually my project for example is like I enter student record for first time as new with several properties among which one is student's photograph.

But if I need to update that image in future through Update Mashup which I created for updating the records, then i am not getting how would i be able to do that.

Hope you get this time my requirement.

supandey Collaborator

I think it should be possible to do so firstly, uploading the new image to the required location and then you can load this image with LoadImage service from FileRepository ThingTemplate

pagrawal-2 Apprentice

ok,

Well then I am facing the problem in fetching the image from repository.

I placed the image in "C:\ThingworxStorage\repository\SystemRepository"  folder but I am not able to fetch it on mashup.

I used a textbox for entering the path and

then I linked the click event of button on service and

I bound "All data" of service "LoadImage" the display value widget data.

I provided the path as : "C:\ThingworxStorage\repository\SystemRepository\1.jpg"

Then I hit the button and it showing this

Please help me with this.