1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 16, 2017 1:40 PM by polinao RSS
    mandersson Newbie

twapi.dll 'System.DllNotFoundException' in thingworx-dotnet-common.dll .net SDK

Hi

I am trying the .net SDK and setting up the SteamSensorClient example. I can't get it to work, it seams it can't find the twapi.dll or load it.

I have tried to copy the dll to the output debug folder. Tried to copy the complete tw folder. I have followed the instructions in the support article: Article Viewer | PTC.

I have installed the Visual C++ Redistributable for visual studio 2017. Tried different compliations, x86 and x64. Note the C++ Redistributable are x64 bit.

Anyone with the same issue? I am using Visual studio 2017 and .net framework 4.6.1.

Thanks Mattias

Error message:

Message=Not possible to read DLL-file twApi.dll: ... (Undantag från HRESULT:

Source=<Cannot evaluate the exception source>

System.DllNotFoundException occurred

HResult=0x80131524

Message=Det gick inte att läsa in DLL-filen twApi.dll: Det går inte att hitta den angivna modulen. (Undantag från HRESULT:

Source=<Cannot evaluate the exception source>

StackTrace:

at com.thingworx.communications.client.TwApiWrapper.twW_SetLoggerProperties(TwApiLogLevel level, Byte isVerboseEnabled, TwLogMessageDelegate onLogMessage)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.TwApiWrapper.ConfigureTwApiLogger()

at com.thingworx.communications.client.TwApiWrapper.Initialize(ClientConfigurator config)

at com.thingworx.communications.client.ConnectedThingClient..ctor(ClientConfigurator config)

at SteamSensorConsole.SteamSensorClient..ctor(ClientConfigurator config) in C:\projects\MED-61061-CD-055_M030_Dotnet-SDK-5-7-1-1969-win\Example\SteamSensorConsole\SteamSensorClient.cs:line 18

at SteamSensorConsole.SteamSensorClient.Main(String[] args) in C:\projects\MED-61061-CD-055_M030_Dotnet-SDK-5-7-1-1969-win\Example\SteamSensorConsole\SteamSensorClient.cs:line 81