cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Plotting Limit Lines on Chart

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

Plotting Limit Lines on Chart

I've plotted data into a Time Series Chart widget.  I need to be able to overlay horizontal lines on the same chart to show limits that the data should be over/under.

Is this possible with the regular time series chart widget or is there an extension widget that can accomplish this?  I'm working with Thingworx 7.1 right now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

As a workaround, you can add two new time series fake data which are the Upper and Lower limits, we already did it:

Captura de pantalla 2017-11-23 09.51.56.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately, this is a customization.  You will need to modify the out of the box chart widget to accept the upper and lower x values for your line start/end and then draw those lines on new blank canvas that overlays the chart widget.  Or use a different chart library that offers this functionality, pass in the required data, and let the library handle the rendering.

As a workaround, you can add two new time series fake data which are the Upper and Lower limits, we already did it:

Captura de pantalla 2017-11-23 09.51.56.png

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:Ascherer17)

I'll mention what I ended up actually doing in case it helps someone else:

I already had a "helper" Thing created for services I needed to write.  I wrote a simple service to get the first and last entries in my InfoTable (ordered by time stamp) and create a 2 row Info Table containing these times with the same limit Number value.  Plotting this Info Table in a Time Series Chart gives a horizontal line at the y-value limit (as long as you have the Chart type set up for a Line).  I also edited the Styles of the pens to give a dotted or dashed line.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ascherer17)

Probably a bit late, but DeriveFields is perfect for creating these additional series.

Top Tags