cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

TWX_Converge_Styles_ExtensionPackage is licensed but cannot find feature in license.bin file

rad1
9-Granite

TWX_Converge_Styles_ExtensionPackage is licensed but cannot find feature in license.bin file

I am trying to import MED-61116-CD-081_F000_ThingWorx-Utilities-8-1-0.zip into Thingworx 8.1.1 on Ubuntu OS.

Everything but one TWX_Converge_Styles_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0 extension is installed, which I assume abort the installation of the whole Utilities package.

What do I need to do? To add some entitlement to my device and re-generate licence? Or else?

I am trying to find out how to get:  Remote Access & Control or Software Content Management extensions

Validation Results
propertytable_ExtensionPackage:2.0.0
TWX_Converge_Styles_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
TWX_Connector_Util_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
textboxValidate_ExtensionPackage:2.0.0
TWX_Converge_SFWU_Application_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
TWX_Converge_RAC_App_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
TWX_Converge_RSM_Core_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
TWX_Converge_Core_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
infotableselector_ExtensionPackage:2.0.0
TWX_Converge_RSM_FileTransfer_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
TWX_BusinessProcess_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
TWX_Utils_System_L10n_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0
Installation Results
TWX_Converge_Styles_ExtensionPackage:8.1.0TWX_Converge_Styles_ExtensionPackage is licensed but cannot find feature in license.bin file

https://developer.thingworx.com/resources/guides/thingworx-utilities-asset-manager-tutorial/launch-thingworx-utilities-p…

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rad1
9-Granite
(To:mgoel)

It was resolved by adding activation id of ThingWorx Utilities to my TW instance.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mgoel
17-Peridot
(To:rad1)

Rad Radivojevic​ In case this issue is still open, Request you to please log a case to PTC support team for this particular issue.

Regards,

Mohit Goel

rad1
9-Granite
(To:mgoel)

It was resolved by adding activation id of ThingWorx Utilities to my TW instance.

mramkumar
3-Visitor

Hi Rad Radivojevic​,

I face the same Issue.

Can you kindly elaborate on how did you fix this?

rad1
9-Granite
(To:mramkumar)

PTC changed their licensing in such a way to add activation ids automatically for every product purchased based on device id generated during the install.

So just refresh your license file. Earlier in their licensing web pages there were options to add entitlements (activation ids) for certain products like Utilities to the current license. I have TW v.8.1. I guess if you have an earlier version you can still add entitlements using PTC licensing portal.

Rad

mramkumar
3-Visitor

Thanks Rad Radivojevic

I raised a tech support case and they asked me to do the following.

Update the platform settinsg.json file with following tag:

"PlatformSettingsConfig": {

"LicensingConnectionSettings": {

"username":"<PTC_support_portal_username>",

"password":"<PTC_support_portal_password>",

"timeout":"<value>"

}

}

}

Provided the correct values in above and restart the server.

The issue was resolved.

rad1
9-Granite
(To:mramkumar)

Yes if you want to resolve things automatically. The right approach. I was talking about offline activation.

Top Tags