Please refer below steps. I did it for TWX version 7.4
- Create a backup if you have any previous thingworx version installed.(optional step)
- Install Tomcat Apache.
- Copy Thingworx.war to <path of Tomcat>\Webapps folder
- Create a new folder “ThingworxPlatform” at the same location as Apache folder.
- Copy license.bin to ThingworxPlatform folder
- Set the path <path of Tomcat>\webapps\Thingworx\WEB-INF\extensions into PATH of environment variable
- Start/Restart tomcat server and check if Thingworx composer is running.(Host:port/Thingworx/Composer)
Tarun, my questions were bad. Let's improve:
1) I don't see a license.bin. Please advise where it might be or how I get it, if I only have the trial.
2) Where does ThingworxPlatfrom go? Within webapps? As a peer to Apache? The .WAR file added "ThingworxStorage" and "ThingworxBackupStorage" right off my C drive.
1) BTW, I'm running Windows 105)
2) Noticed that Thingworx wrote several lines to Java options. I added the path you suggested, also.
3) Tried running without license.bin. COMPLETELY HOSED TOMCAT.;
4) Only way to recover is delete all added Java options and delete all Thingworx folders and files. This is made more difficult because some process won't let go of WEB-INF/web.xml. Took a lot of hacking to release it.
5) After all vestiges of Thingworx are gone, I can finally run Tomcat again.