cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I use the Composer feature of the Thingworx Manufacturing Apps installation?

jamesso
10-Marble

How can I use the Composer feature of the Thingworx Manufacturing Apps installation?

I am following Chapter 6 in the Sigma Tile Workshop Guide.

I found the sigma-tile-extensions zip file. in the Sigma_Tile_Package.

We are told to open the composer to install the extension.

The Freemium version I downloaded from the web site is version 8.1.1-00-freemium.

Is this version supported for the full Sigma Tile Workshop experience?

If not, can an older version of the Thingworx environment be downloaded to use instead?

Thanks for any help.

Jim

3 REPLIES 3
vranganathan
10-Marble

James,

All our developer program content including sigma tile requires developer kit. Freemium has limited capability and you will not have access to Composer which is required for these training contents. I would encourage you to download and install  the developer kit.

Thingworx MFG 8.1 was released last week. We haven't got an opportunity to test using that release. Having said that I do not see any problem with respect to Sigma Tile and it should work.

Thanks,

Varathan

jamesso
10-Marble

I had to start over with a brand new Windows Server 2012 R2 VM instance to use the developer kit. You can't replace the Freemium version once it was installed previously. Some sort of license violation is apparently detected.

I can't install the Sigma-Tile extensions though. It fails validation. So some kind of update is required.

vranganathan
10-Marble

That is correct. You cannot reinstall on the same system if you are not properly uninstalled. If you have the valid license, I believe you can update the license file to get full features.

Thanks,

Varathan