cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Search widget for content filter on mashup

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

Search widget for content filter on mashup

I have one requirement, that I need to place a search bar just above to the list so that where I can type the entity name first or two letters on text box then it will gives me the option of list of entities and can be able to select that entity so that it displays that information.

another question is that can we bind two services for one widget ?

If I want to place a widget on a widget is it possible?

Can i Make hyperlink to the complete widget just like as in HTML?

8 REPLIES 8

You may look at Autocomplete widget from the marketplace: ThingWorx IoT Marketplace

Or you may look also at List Widget with View=Combo Box.

Or you may combine a TextBox widget + List Widget, and on TextBox change event query for the service which fills List Widget.

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:CarlesColl)

Thank you Sir for replying,

Auto Complete widget is not supported - https://community.thingworx.com/thread/41837

combo box is not work for me.

I am trying to combine text box widget and list widget but it is not sitting on one another .and also I tried bind the change event query to the get implementing things service generally this is the one only fills list widget y name.

Well Autocomplete widget works on 8.1.1 without issues.

And the TextBox + List Widget should work

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

Textbox+List widget means placing the textbox widget on top of the List widget and did the bindings as well. Functionality is working fine but we are not getting the list of things when we type few letters into the text box just like search box does. the Functionality is working only when I type complete name of the thing and hitting the Enter button.

But how do you implement the query, maybe the problem it's here not with the widgets then.

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

just check it out with these images what I have bind and the last image is on the mashup, when i type F- then it shud automatically display the list of thing names.

You should use QueryImplementingThings instead, and bind textbox text to QueryImplementingThings nameMask parameter. But you will need an expression widget in between in order to add a "*" after the text:

Expression for the expression widget (for which you should add a value parameter):

(value+"*") or ("*"+value+"*")

KSM
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite

Thanks for Quick Reply

I will try this mechanis

Top Tags