cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Network - Child Properties

Sathishkumar_C
17-Peridot

Network - Child Properties

Hi All,

I have a network like below,

Thing 1 (Parent)

- Thing A (Child 1)

- Thing B (Child 2)

- Thing C (Child 3)

I need all properties of all the Things (Parent as well Child) in a single table. Is it possible?

Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

4 REPLIES 4

This is possible, it depends a little bit on how homogeneous the Entities are to make it easier or harder.

What is your use case though? often times you wouldn't display both the parent's information and the child information in one single table.

On the Network side there are services that help like GetNetworkConnectionsWithTemplate or GetParent

and to manipulate the data DeriveFields and Union come to mind as helpful.

Thank you for Response.

In my use case...

Thing 1 (Parent)

- Thing A (Child 1)

- Thing B (Child 2)

- Thing C (Child 3)

Here Child 1, Child 2 and Child 3 are like siblings. So, i want Compare or Export property history from Child 1 and Child 2.

1. How i can plot (Graph or Chart) properties from different thing?

2. How can i export history data of properties of Child 1 and Child 2  in a single file?

Thanks & Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

You should be able to use the services that I've indicated in a 'wrapping' service to combine the information that you need to get that out to a mashup to display and use the Data Export widget to export

Thank you for your response.

Yeah Pai Chung. Your point is valid. I am asking, how to combine property history from different thing and the result will be a single table (for export).

How to achieve this ?

Thanks &Regards,

Sathishkumar C.

Top Tags