cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Transfer infotable data between two contained mashups

ptc-6052641
5-Regular Member

Transfer infotable data between two contained mashups

Hi all,

I have two contained mashups, A and B. Both have an infotable with the same name and with the same data shape as their mashup parameter. Both are contained (side by side) in mashup C.

In mashup A I put some data directly into the info table (the mashpu parameter info table) and I would like to get that information on mashup B and present it.

I can't seem to see the information on mashup B.
For some reason - it seems that the information doesn't even leave mashup A since I'm trying to see the infotable in a grid on mashup C and the grid shows nothing.

I've attached the following files:

Mashups_testDataTransferOut.xml is mashup A

Mashups_testDataTransferIn.xml is mashup B

Mashups_testDataTransfer.xml is mashup C

What am I missing?

(Note: I do know that in order to transfer one string I don't need info table, but this is only an example...

In reality - I need to transfer a lot of data between the mashups and I would like to be able to do that with one bind (the infotable))

Thanks,

Amiad.

2 REPLIES 2
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:ptc-6052641)

Hi Amiad, I'm not sure what's the purpose of the first section where you have two panels with the grid and the lables. Also what I'm missing is how are you triggering the data transfer from one mashup to the another one?

Additionally, it seems that whatever you are setting is getting rejected see following error :

00:47:59 ERROR - exception executing binding {"Id":"9d91b46d-af78-4be1-999f-601213ceee26","PropertyMaps":[{"SourceProperty":"input[AllData].item","SourcePropertyBaseType":"STRING","SourcePropertyType":"Field","TargetProperty":"Text","TargetPropertyBaseType":"STRING","TargetPropertyType":"property"}],"SourceArea":"Mashup","SourceDetails":"AllData","SourceId":"mashup-root","SourceSection":"","TargetArea":"UI","TargetId":"label-3","TargetSection":"","isBoundToSelectedRows":false}

Exception: Cannot read property 'fieldDefinitions' of undefined

ptc-6052641
5-Regular Member
(To:supandey)

Hi Sushant,

The first section is mostly to show the problem.

"testDataTransfer" in the "main" mashup. it should show how data is transferring from one mashup to another.

There shouldn't be any triggering to the data transfer other that the face that the data from textbox inside "testDataTransferOut" is binded to a mashup parameter, which in "testDataTransfer" is binded to a mashpu parameter in "testDataTransferIn" which is binded inside it to the labels.

That kind of binding will transfer the data if I would have used simple string as the mashup parameters... but in the real case I have a lot more then one string and so I would like to use an infotable to pass them between the mashups.

The grid in "testDataTransfer", which is binded to the mashup parameter in "testDataTransferOut" shows that the info doesn't even get out from the contained masup when we are using infotable as mashup parameter.

Regarding the error - I'm using ThingWorx 8.1.1-b108 and I don't get the error... could this be the reason?

Top Tags